As the end of term looms, now is a really great time to get all nostalgic and look back at your university experience…
The ups, the downs, the highs, the lows, the successes, the failures, the friendships and every drunken mistake you made in between.
So to make you all wistful and emotional, here are 35 signs that you had the best university experience ever.
1. You made friends for life.
2. Friendships so important that you can’t remember a time when you weren’t friends.
3. Friends who have seen you blind drunk, crying on the pavement outside a club beside a pool of your own vomit.
4. You spent half your student loan in Freshers week.
5. You had one night that was so eventful that no one is allowed to talk about.
6. But after a while you will laugh about it and it will forever be known as “The night that………”
7. Â When you look back at the year, very few of your memories involve doing any actual work.
8. Or going to class.
9. You often forget that you’re going to university to have a degree.Â
10. You have been so broke that you genuinely had to choose between alcohol and food. And alcohol won.
11. You’ve had to borrow money from your parents at least once.
12. You had a random amazing night out with people you didn’t really know and haven’t spoken to since.
13. You’ve woken up somewhere and had absolutely no idea where you were.
14. You’ve been on a little day trip with your mates.Â
15. You managed to pass your exams and have no idea how you achieved it.
16. You and your friends have been the last people standing in the club and have experienced that dreaded moment when the lights come back on.
17. Your best, most memorable night at uni was an unplanned one.Â
18. You’ve watched an entire TV series in a day.Â
19. You’ve had a flat party/house party/party in your room in halls and there is still a stain/some damage that you can’t get rid of.
20. You’ve done a walk of shame/ a stride of pride.Â
21. You’ve visited a friend at another university or had someone from another uni come to stay with you.
22. You’ve been put to bed by your friends.
23. You’ve gone to a 9am lecture and realised you’re still drunk from the night before.
24. You’ve had to untag yourself from horrific photos on social media in frantic fear that your parents or a family member might see them.
25. You no longer have a sleeping pattern.
26. You and your friends have turned up to a houseparty you weren’t invited to and didn’t know anyone.Â
27. You have had to sprint to hand in an essay before a deadline.Â
28. You have returned from a night out when people are leaving for class.
29. You have fallen asleep in a lecture.
30. You had a, let’s say… ‘romantic encounter’ at the beginning of the year which you wholeheartedly regret and are deeply embarrassed about.
31. You’ve had a full on emotionalÂ breakdown and considered dropping out.Â
32. You’ve been drunk before lunch time.
33. You’ve woken up and not been able to find your shoes.
34. There is a particular alcoholic beverage that you can no longer so much as look at because of one awful experience.Â
35. You’ve successfully blagged a seminar without doing any reading whatsoever.
Going To Uni In September? Send Your Luggage With My Baggage!
You might also like:
33 Life Skills You Acquire At University
21 Reasons Why Being Home For The Summer Is Actually Amazing
18 Times Your Housemates Turned You Into Monica Geller
What To Take To Uni – The Ultimate Checklist
International Student Shipping