The first few weeks of your Fresher year are crucial.
Freshers’ Week and those that follow areÂ all about finding your feet in this brand new chapter of your life, so it’s only natural to experience a few trials and tribulations along the way.
Kimmy Schmidt and friends perfectly sum up your first term at university.
1. You wave goodbye to your parents and feel ready to tackle this new chapter in your life.
2. But when they’re gone you have a brief moment of doubt and wonder why the hell you let them leave you here.
3. But you soon realise that student life is pretty great.
4. You get to meet loads of new people.
5. You can get drunk when you want, and be free of judgement.
6. You can wake up when you want.
7. You can eat what you want, when you want.
8. Having no one to answer to is pretty great.
9. Sometimes you try a little too hard to impress people…
10. But eventually realise that no one really cares and you start to be who you truly are.
11. Your very first lecture is SO EXCITING.
12. But every other lecture that follows… not so much.
13. Naps quickly become a crucial part of your daily routine.
14. It doesn’t take you long to realise you’re not the best at this whole “being independent” thing.
15. Because eating healthily isn’t as easy as it looks.
16. And what even is exercise?
17. Before long, Freshers’ Flu attacks you.
18. And your lectures literally make no sense.
19. And you start to forget what it feels like to have money in your bank account.
20. But somehow it doesn’t stop you from going out and getting drunk.
21. There comes a time when you think you mightn’t be cut out for the student way of life.
22. And you start pining for home and seriously consider dropping out before you get in too deep.
23. But your saving grace arrives in the form of your student loan.
24. And you realise it’s really not all doom and gloom.
25. You’re actually having a pretty epic time.
26. Even through the ups and downs, you can’t wait to see what the rest of the year has in store.