“I’m A Celebrity” is finally back on our TV screens.
And, when you think about it, it’s scarily similar to the life of a uni student. Eating gross food, living in a disgusting environment, being made to do tasks you’d rather not do…
GET ME OUT OF HEREEEEEEE!
1. Halfway through the first semester andÂ any optimism you once had has now disappeared.
2. When living with other students instead of your parents once seemed fun and exciting but the noveltyÂ quickly wears off.
3. When you’re trying your best to hold it together during Freshers’ Week pre-drinks.
4. When you witness your housemate do something hilarious and horrifically embarrassing on a night out.
5. When you’ve been out most of the night and then your alarm goes off for your to get up for your 9am lecture and you seriously contemplate dropping out.
6. When you’re unsure about literally everything during a lecture and you need to ask a genuine question but you don’t want to interrupt.
7. When the lecturer explains something twice and you still don’t get it.
8. When any attempt you make at cooking is pretty questionable, and you realise you never gave your parents enough credit for their home-cooking.
9. When it gets to that point in the year when all you can ever afford to eat is pasta.
10. When all you want in life is nice food.
11. When you’re hit with multiple deadlines at once.
12. When your friends find you in the library the morning after pulling an all-nighter.
13. When you have so much to do but you just can’t bring yourself to do any of it.
14. So you just sit there contemplating life, contemplating whether a degree is really worth it.
15. When you realise how successful you would be if you were working towards a degree in napping.
16. When you realise there’s a mistake in the essay you just submitted.
17. When you and your uni friend are both so broke and the only thing you have is each other.
18. But then your student loan finally drops into your bank account.
19. When you go home for the weekend and your friends at home are eagerly awaiting all of your uni gossip.
20. When any of your relatives try to ask you about post-graduation/career plans.
21. When you’re the only one who ever takes the bins out so you’re basically the backbone of your student household.
22. When you get home from a long day at uni only to find that one of your housemates has stolen the food that you wereÂ thinking about all day.
23. When you make the mistake of actually touching a tea-towel in your communal kitchen.
24. When you start considering it a good day if you only cry and contemplate dropping out once.
25. When you miraculously make it to the end of the year in one piece.