Your placement year will be your first true taste of employed life after university…
It’s all new and exciting and it definitely beats trying to stay awake through lectures all day. But, there sure is a lot to get your head around in order to fully embrace the placement experience…
1. You have a chance to start afresh with new people…
2. …until they add you on Facebook.
3. Being given your own desk space and phone makes you feel like a don.
4. Exploring a new city can be an eye-opener.
5. That weird feeling when you are rollin’ in g’s…
6. …which you subsequently waste on stuff you don’t need.
7. You actually have free time in the evenings.
8. You don’t have to deal with all the people you despise back at university…
9. …unless you are given distance work modules and you have to email lecturers daily.
10. You are actually given responsibilities and can be held accountable.
11. You have to plan your holidays carefully and not waste all your days in the first 3 months.
12. You can smugly read your uni friends Facebook pots about revision and essays eating up their time.
13. You are invited to work do’s which are amazing and you can drink with your co-workers!
14. Initially, you have to pretend like you know what all the acronyms mean and you end up using them in casual conversation.
15. The stationary cupboard!
16. Dress down Fridays remind you of when you could wear pyjamas to lectures.
17. Getting lost on your first day is expected.
18. You create a gang with the other placement students.
19. Sucking up to your boss reaps high rewards for future employment. You kiss ass.
20. And when you have to go back to uni… you realise your degree isn’t over and you have no idea how to university right anymore.
You might like: