Second year of uni is totally underrated…
You’re out of the insecure first year phase and not quite into the stress-fest of final year.
But that’s not to say that second year of university doesn’t have its own ‘challenges’…
30 Struggles Of Second Year At Uni, As Described By RuPaul’s Drag Race
1. When you realise that second year ACTUALLY counts.
2. It’s time to get your ass into gear. Let’s start by shifting those few extra pounds you gained in first year.
3. Nah, screw it. You’re fine the way you are.Â
4. In fact, second year is all about lovin’ yoself.
5. You’re done trying to fit in. This year, you’re going to embrace yourself for who you are.
6. And you’ve finally found some good friends who embrace your eccentricities too.
7. And you get to live together!
8. But it’s not quite the experience you imagined…
9. There’s so much drama and fights over the dumbest stuff – like whose turn it is to wash the dishes.
10. At first, you kind of enjoy the drama…
11. But then things start to get ugly.
12. And you DO NOTÂ want to get involved in petty arguments.
13. But thenÂ your flatmates start to annoy you too.
14. And someone eats the special goddamn chocolate bar you’ve been saving for yourself.
15. Ok. It’s war.
16. Living with other people makes you realise how irrationally angry you can be.
17. But there’s no point being distracted by rows with flatmates. You need to FOCUS. New year at uni, new you.
For starters, you’re going to get in control of your finances.
18. No more wasting your entire student loan on crap.
19. You’re going to go to ALL your classes, no matter howÂ exhausting that seems.
20. YES. Even the 9am ones.
21. When you have absolutely no idea what the lecturer’s talking about.
22. And you start to panic.
23. Maybe you’re not as smart as you thought you were.
24. Your grades are WAY lower than you expected.
25. But you’re not going to let this get to you.
26. You’re gonna pick yourself back up and work harder than ever.
27. You’re even going to take charge on group projects.
28. And of course take all the credit.
29. And your grades start picking up.
30. And your exams go better than expected.
31. And your results are kind of ok for a change…
Roll on third year…
You might also like: