The January blues are real.
And, if you’re a student, they are only worsened by the start of a brand new semester…
1. You return to uni feeling like you need another break just to recover from the last.
2. Because it was over in the blink of an eye and now you’re just left thinking about how much work you didn’t do.
3. “You had the whole of the holidays, why haven’t you done your work?”
4. The thought of your approaching deadlines and looming exams is making you feel like:
5. Because, truthfully, you’re just not prepared in the slightest.
6. Meanwhile, your seemingly more organised friends have summer plans and jobs lined up.
7. And you don’t even know what you’re having for dinner.
Pasta for the third time this week, anyone?
8. You thought your student house was cold before you went home for the Christmas break, but in January it’s a WHOLE new level.
9. And so commences the arguments about whether you can all afford to turn the heating on.
10. Unsurprisingly, the answer is a very defeated no.
Like, it’s JANUARY.
11. And, to add insult to injury, after enjoying almost a month of having a fully stocked fridge back at home, the fridge in your student house has never seemed emptier.
12. The break majorly messed with your body clock, so those 9am lectures are EVEN harder to get up for.
If that was even possible.
13. Stepping out of the house at all in January feels like:
14. It suddenly starts to dawn on you that you’re already halfway through the academic year.
15. And things are only going to get more stressful from here until June.
16. Nights out aren’t even the same because you and your friends are all broke as hell.
17. And dry January is a thing.
18. Basically, your January mood is “complaining about everything until Summer”.
19. All while wondering if maybe you should actually just drop out.
New year, new you and all that.
Are you a student?
Find out howÂ My BaggageÂ can make your life easier!
You might also like:
6 Ways To Make Going Back To Uni In January A Little Bit Easier
22 Things That Happen When You Go Home From University For The Christmas Holidays
26 Moments of Final Year, As Told By Friends