37 Things You Won’t Miss About University
As recent university graduates, we can hand on heart say, that you will desperately miss university when it’s over…
You’ll miss Freshers week, long holidays, your friends, day time drinking and using the weather as an excuse to stay in bed and not go to lectures.
Nevertheless, whilst your brain will be filled with plenty of fondÂ memories of university life, there are certain things you will absolutely NOT miss about being a student…
1. Sitting in lectures with a hangover so bad that you genuinely feel death would be a welcome escape.
2. The unfathomably long periods of time between student loan instalments and trying to make £1,000 last for three months.
3. Dealing with Student Finance in general.
4. That awful feeling you get when you’re uni work is sucking and you realise you might not get your degree and, if that happens, your life will fall apart.
5. Blackboard. The fact that it always seems to crash and lecturers just have no damn idea how to use it.
6. Writing an assignment and realising that you’re not actually sure what the question was but you’re halfway through and it’s too late to start again.
7. Drama. The endless, endless drama that you can’t even pretend to care about any more.
8. The weird smell that the library has and the fact that it’s only ever uncomfortably warm or unbearably cold.
9. The anxious feeling in your brain that you’re forgetting to do something important. Which you almost certainly are.
10. Skipping lectures in one module to catch up on another and ending up in this hideous cycle of being behind in everything in your life.
11. Living with other people.
12. Passive-aggressive rubbish and dish pile-ups.
13. Reading lists.
14. Buying wine based on the price and percentage rather than the kind/brand/flavour.
16. Group projects.
17. Not checking your bank account and just waiting until your card is declined before panicking/asking your parents for money.
18. Trying to hit word counts.
20. Freshers. When you’re not a fresher.
21. Waiting in queues to get into clubs that turn out to be a waste of time and money.
22. Public transport.
23. The fear.
24. Library security guards.
25. Cleaners. Knocking on your door at 6 am or just bursting in unannounced.
26. Sharing bathrooms and kitchens with randomers and the fact that everything is inexplicably sticky.
27. People stealing your food.
28. Crappy wifi.
29. Having to pay to use the washing machine and driers.
30. That weird damp smell that all university halls have.
31. Promoters. Everywhere. And that awkward ‘pretend to text’ thing you have to do to avoid eye contact.
32. Pretending to be excited when someone suggests shots when really you’re just holding back the urge to vomit the whole time and praying that if you drink enough water afterwards, you won’t be dying of a hangover in the morning.
33. Having to drink the paint stripping liquid that is Glen’s Vodka because you can’t afford anything else.
35. Having to choose between food and alcohol more often than you’d like to admit.
36. Never having anything to wear because you’ve worn all your outfits to death and you can’t afford anything else.
37. Literally counting down the seconds until a lecture ends.
Are You A Student? Find out how My Baggage can help here!
International Student Shipping