You blinked and summer was over. September is looming and a few things are making youÂ realise how totally and utterly screwed you are when you go back to uni… *gulp*
1. You forget how to use a pen.
2. You literally cannot remember a single thing you learned last year.
3. You had all of these grand plans to be productive during your time off, but you have literally achieved nothing since the start of the summer break.
4. Whenever you think about all of your responsibilities, you feel a wave of panic and then choose to ignore everything in the hope that it will somehow go away.
5. You haven’t logged into your uni email account once since the end of term because ignorance is bliss.
6. You still haven’t unpacked your suitcase…
7. You’re already counting down the days until Christmas break.
8. You’re not even entirely sure which modules you’re doing next year.
9. And when you think about it, you throw up in your mouth a little bit.
10. You can count the amount of times you’ve left the house since coming home on one hand. So, you’re not entirely sure if you know how to do social situations any more.
11. When you think about going back to uni, you only think of seeing your friends and being able to drink on weekdays. You often forget about the whole ‘degree’ part.
12. Despite the fact that you’ve done nothing all summer, you somehow still have absolutely no money, so the countdown to your student loan is serious at this point.
13. There is legit nothing left to watch on Netflix. You’ve watched the entire history of TV and film.
14. You’re already preparing excuses for your lecturers when they ask about how much work you’ve done or why you didn’t manage to get any internships or work placement.
15. Your sleeping pattern is so irreversibly messed up that you genuinely believe it might be physically impossible for your body to wake up before 9am.
16. Even though you’re so bored and desperately crave structure, you’ll be sad that you can no longer just nap in the middle of the day anymore.
17.Â You’re caught in this hideous dilemma of trying to make the most of the rest of your summer break whilst also simultaneously trying to do all the summer work that you’ve left to the last minute.Â
18. Deep down, you know you’re going to do neither of those things and continue to vegetate in your bed.
Are you off to university in September?
Find out how My Baggage can make your life easier!
You might also like: