It’s the most wonderful time of the year…
You just have to make it through to the end of the semester first. Here’s why you can’t wait to wave goodbye to uni for a few weeks and finally go home for Christmas…
1. You haven’t had a student loan instalment since September, so trying to make it through to the end of the semester has you feeling like:
2. There’s just not enough people who share your enthusiasm for Christmas.
3. For example, your lecturers just keep talking about deadlines instead of focusing on all things Christmas and you just don’t think it’s okay.
4. Because all you can think about is mince pies and the excitement of dressing up your pets in cute festive costumes.
5. You’re totally in the Christmas spirit, but you can’t even afford to eat, never mind decorate your student house.
6. You and your uni friends can’t even afford to go drinking anymore, so you don’t know what to do with yourself.
7. To make matters worse, your parents are threatening to put up the Christmas tree without you.
8. Your student house is a whole new level of cold in December.
9. You’re constantly complaining about just how cold it actually is.
10. Like, stepping out of the shower in your student house is actually hell.
11. And you’re completely done with your flatmates stealing all of your milk.
But you’re pretty happy at the prospect of going home and stealing your family’s milk…
12. Three words: home cooked meals.
13. Because no matter how hard you try, student Christmas dinners just aren’t the same.
14. You can’t even remember the last time you had a full night of sleep.
15. And at this point in the semester, you’re literally depending on Netflix to get you through the day.
16. And naps have become essential for survival.
17. You’re starting to forget what day it is and what daylight looks like because it’s dark when you go to uni and it’s dark when you leave uni.
18. You’re actually starting to procrastinate your procrastination.
19. Really, you just need a break, because this is literally you when anyone tries to talk to you about uni: