Lectures are finished for the semester and it’s finally time to pack up your things and head home for Christmas.
Get ready to answer questions about your love life and pick up the pieces of your family feud after a game of Monopoly. It’s the most wonderful time of the year…
1. You are back to your mum’s glorious home-cooking so you beg her to cook all of your favourite meals.
2. You’re reunited with your own bed and it feels like heaven.
3. Every night out in your hometown is an uncomfortable school reunion.
4. You are constantly questioned by your entire family about your love life.
5. And about your post-graduation plans.
I. HAVE. NO. IDEA.
6. Netflix starts to get a little worried about you.
*Watches 7 seasons of a show in one go then cries for an entire day when it’s over*
7. You savor every single sweet moment of heating and hot water.
8. If you don’t have a huge family fall out over a game of Monopoly, is it even Christmas?
9. The thought of leaving home to go back to uni is soul-destroying.
Goodbye nutritious food. Goodbye, clean surroundings. Goodbye heat. Goodbye hot showers. Goodbye, happiness.
10. But seeing all of your uni friends when you get back makes it all better.