When you know that you should be studying, so many things just suddenly seem to happen that prevent you from doing so.
It’s definitely not procrastination. Life just always seems to get in the way…
Here’s 12 things that suddenly happen when you should be studying.
1. Your house suddenly appears to be overwhelmingly untidy, and you know you can’t live (nevermind study) in such an environment. So there’s no other option than to deep clean the entire house.
2. You suddenly remember how many takeaways you’ve had in the last week, so you know for the good of your own health that hitting the gym for an hour is super important.
3. You started watching one episode of that TV show on Netflix before easing yourself into your study, but you suddenly find yourself having watched the entire season in one sitting and feeling empty inside.
4. Suddenly, you’re feeling pretty tired and your bed feels more comfortable than it ever has before, and you know you’ll never properly study when you’re sleepy. So having a little nap is actually productive…
5. You suddenly find yourself reading articles like this about procrastinating whilst you’re definitely not* procrastinating.
Hint: you definitely are procrastinating.
6. With no recollection of how it happened, you suddenly you find yourself on Youtube watching an hour-long video of cats doing hilarious things and you can’t quite seem to peel your eyes away from it.
7. You can’t settle in to study without knowing what’s going on in the world, so you start scrolling through Twitter, then Instagram, then Facebook, then through Twitter again, then you watch every single Snapchat story from today, then you’re back to Twitter…
8. Which results in stalking your best friend’s boyfriend’s sister’s fiance on Facebook, avoiding accidentally liking a photo from their holiday to Mexico in 2011.
9. You suddenly remember about those pair of shoes that you’ve been eyeing up for what feels like a decade, and you want to grab them whilst they’re in stock, so you decide to indulge in a little bit of online shopping.
10. You decide to be productive, so you spend a good hour making a neat to-do list of all the things you need to do.
11. When you’re finally in the zone, your housemate suddenly barges in and suggests going to the pub/offers you a cup of tea/offers you food – and it would be rude to refuse, right?
12. You promise yourself that you’ll DEFINITELY start tomorrow.
You might also like: