Travelling can be an exciting and thrilling experience, but it can also be daunting. There’s so much to remember, even for the most experienced traveller. That’s where we can help. We’ve put together this travel checklist covering everything from important documents to what research you should be doing, and how to travel light.
The documents you need for travel will vary depending on your destination, the length of your stay, and the activities you plan to do. Here are some of the most common documents required for travel:
✓ Valid Passport
✓ Visa Documentation
✓ Valid Driving Licence
✓ Travel Insurance Certificate
- Some countries, airlines, and cruise operators require a minimum validity on your passport. Check the requirements for your destination before you travel.
- If you plan on driving abroad, check if you need to obtain an International Driving Permit (IDP) or the paper part of your driver’s licence.
- It’s always a good idea to keep a digital copy of your important documents. This way, you’ll have access to them even if you lose your physical copies. You can scan your documents and save them to your computer or phone.
Research your Destination
Here are just some of the top things you should be checking:
✓ Are Vaccinations required?
✓ Are there specific Entry Requirements?
✓ Are there any Laws & Cultural Things I should be aware of?
✓ Are there restrictions on certain Medications?
- Always check the travel advice provided by your own country’s Foreign Office. This will give you up-to-date information on the latest security alerts, as well as any other important information you need to know before travelling.
- Prepare for the unexpected! Pack for all weather conditions, and bring along a first aid kit and medical supplies. Be sure to check that any medication that you’re taking is legal in that country.
- Be respectful of local customs and traditions. This will help you have a more enjoyable and rewarding travel experience.
Your Travel Arrangements
Once you’ve researched your destination, it’s time to start planning your travel arrangements. This includes things like:
✓ Confirming your flights and accommodation
✓ Booking transportation to and from the airport
✓ Arranging any necessary visas or permits
- Have a copy of your confirmation documents, including your boarding passes, hotel reservations, taxi vouchers, etc.
- Download your airline’s app (if they have one). This will allow you to check in online and track your flight
- Stay organised. Keep all of your travel documents in one place! Plus, having a digital copy on your phone is a great back-up
Stay Safe & Connected while Travelling
While travelling, it’s important to stay safe and connected. This includes things like:
- Staying alert and observant
- Staying in touch with your friends and family
- Keeping your valuables safe
It’s also a great idea to share your itinerary details with your friends & family.
Skip the Baggage Carousel & Travel Light!
Travelling with luggage can be a drag! But there is a better way to do it. With My Baggage, you can ship your luggage to your destination, allowing you to travel light. Plus, you’ll avoid paying excess baggage charges at the airport!
Simply get a quote online, your luggage will be collected from your door and delivered! Full online tracking is provided, so you can monitor the progress of your shipment.
Say goodbye to heavy luggage, and hello to hassle-free journeys!