Shipping Skis Abroad
My Baggage provides a fast, reliable and low-cost door to door service for sending skis abroad.
If you need to send skis internationally, simply book online, and we’ll transport them quickly and safely to their destination.
My Baggage ships skis to 200+ countries worldwide, and we provide full online tracking with email and text notifications.
Airline Baggage Alternative For Sending Skis Abroad
If airlines are good at one thing, it’s charging you extortionate amounts to carry your items.
After all, they know that if you’re going on a skiing holiday, chances are you’re going to be wanting to bring your skis too.
And it’s not just the costs involved in shipping skis that have customers scratching their heads.
It’s the significant inconvenience and added stress involved, too.
Picture the scene; you’re heading off on a skiing or snowboarding holiday.
You’ve opted to send your skis with an airline.
You’re walking through a busy airport, wheeling a suitcase and carry-on bag AND a giant cardboard or plastic box with your ski equipment and shoes.
Talk about putting an absolute downer on your airport vibes!
The last thing you need at the start of your holiday is back pain, stress and extra hassle.
Let’s face it; nobody likes waiting at baggage carousels and check-in desks.
So imagine how demoralising it’d be waiting for your suitcase and all of your ski equipment, fingers crossed that nothing has been damaged.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
There’s another option that’s low-cost, hassle-free and most importantly, safe and secure for your precious cargo.
Sending your skis with a specialist shipping company is a great alternative.
It’s significantly more cost-effective and more convenient.
At My Baggage, we’re experts in shipping valuables all over the world.
With over 100,000+ happy customers and nearly 15,000 independent customer reviews, we’re the number one choice for moving your items.
We’ve already carried luggage, sports items and everything you can think of 201,896,469 miles across the world.
That means you can trust us to ship your skis quickly and reliably.
Best of all, it takes just a few minutes to book your ski shipment online, and after that, we’ll take care of the rest.
Are you heading away on a skiing holiday soon and want your skis and ski equipment to arrive at the same time you do?
Here’s how it works:
- We’ll collect your skis from your front door.
- My Baggage will deliver your skis to your chosen destination abroad.
- When your holiday is over, book a return shipment, and we’ll send them home again.
11 Reasons Why You Should Send Skis Ahead With My Baggage
- Booking is simple.
At My Baggage, we like to keep things simple.
As a result, you’ll love how quick and straightforward our booking system is.
Visit the My Baggage website and enter details for the items you’d like to send.
Enter details of where you’d like your skis collected from and delivered to.
Pick the date and time you’d like for collection and delivery.
We’ll handle the rest.
- Straightforward payment options.
We accept all major payment options, including credit and debit cards.
- Cheap shipping prices to 200+ countries worldwide.
Are you planning the skiing holiday of a lifetime in Whistler Blackcomb in Canada?
Or maybe you’re about to visit France’s stunning Courchevel?
Alternatively, you could be about to visit Switzerland’s dramatic Zermatt slopes.
No matter where you’re going, My Baggage will ensure you get your ski equipment there with costs that won’t break the bank.
Delivering to over 200 countries worldwide, customers choose My Baggage to take care of what’s essential at a low-cost price.
- Door to door delivery service.
Forget about running to the post office and long queues.
And you can forget about the hassle of dropping off and collecting your parcels from a place that never has good car parking close by.
Our friendly couriers will collect your skis from your door and deliver them to your destination.
All you have to do is pick a time you’ll be in the house, and we’ll call when it suits you.
- 15,000 independent customer reviews.
Customers appreciate how we take away all the hassle and, most importantly, get their treasured possessions from A to B without any hiccups.
As a result, we have nearly 15,000 glowing independent customer reviews about how much they appreciate our service.
They say things like:
“Wow, absolutely amazing service! I was shocked at how quickly my suitcase was delivered. Great communication throughout the shipping with constant text/email updates. Would highly recommend My Baggage.” Maya, Wed 1st Sep 2021.
“You guys do an amazing job. You always exceed my expectations! Thx for a job well done!” Barbara Koedijk, Wed 1st Sep 2021.
The common theme from our customer reviews is that we make shipping easy, reliable, and get the job done with minimal fuss.
Read all of our customer reviews.
- Full online tracking with text and email notifications.
When you send any of your precious cargo abroad, you’ll want to keep an eye on it to make sure its journey is progressing safely and on time.
That’s why at My Baggage, you’ll love our tracking service, which includes SMS text message reminders.
My Baggage will send you a free text message on the morning of your collection with your order details.
And once your skis and ski equipment are en route to your chosen destination, you can track it from your inbox or your ‘My Orders’ section of MyBaggage.com.
Better still, we’ll notify you via SMS and/or email when your items have been collected, are out for delivery and much more.
- £100 free compensation cover per item.
Whilst damage or loss is rare with My Baggage, all orders sent with My Baggage include compensation cover as standard.
Sports equipment can be expensive, and should the worst happen; you’ll want to make sure you’re not out of pocket.
As a result, you’ll love our free compensation cover of £100 for each item.
Need to enhance your compensation cover?
For a small fee, you can enhance your cover up to £1,000.00 per item.
- Super fast delivery times.
As the most popular luggage shipping company, we’ve made an art form of quickly reuniting you with your possessions.
After all, when you go on a ski holiday, you’ll want to get out on the slopes straight away.
My Baggage ships to 200+ countries, and delivery times range from just 1-5 days, not weeks.
- Express options are available.
In a rush to hit the slopes or left it a little late?
Thankfully, My Baggage offers super-fast shipping times.
But if that’s not quick enough, you can use our express services, which are available on many routes.
- Dedicated customer support via phone, email and live chat.
If you have any burning questions before, during or after using My Baggage, we’re always here when you need us.
Over the last three years, nine out of ten customer’s emails were replied to within just two hours.
Have a question?
Just ask; we’re only a phone call, email or live chat away!
- No hidden extras: what we quote you for is what you’ll pay.
My Baggage likes to keep things simple, and our pricing structure is transparent.
You’ll not get any hidden fees or stealth charges; what we quote you is what you can expect to pay.
Better still, we’re much more cost-effective than sending your skis with airlines, and you can rely on us to get your skis where they should be at a time and date you need them.
13 Cool Skiing Facts
- The word ‘ski’ means a split piece of wood and is believed to have originated from the Old Norweigan word ‘skio’.
- Nearly half a billion people visit ski resorts every year worldwide.
- ‘Skiing’ is the only six-letter word in the English language with a double ‘i’ in the middle.
- Skiing was originally a type of transportation for locals who lived in mountainous areas.
- The longest recorded ski jump was an incredible 251.5 metres by Norway’s Anders Fannemel in 2015.
- The world’s oldest skis were uncovered in Russian and are believed to date from 6000 BC.
- St Bernard of Montjoux is the patron saint of skiers.
- The longest ski slope in the world measures an eye-watering fourteen miles in length.
- Skiing is the official national sport of three countries: Norway, Slovenia and Austria.
- The fastest speed on record achieved on skis is an impressive 158mph.
- The largest ski resort in the world is Les Trois Vallées in France.
- You might be able to ski someday on the moon. That’s according to Apollo 17 astronaut Harrison Schmitt. Harrison spoke in 1972 after setting foot on the moon that the Sea of Serenity “could be ideal for lunar skiing”.
- A small village in Morgedal, Norway, is believed to be the birthplace of skiing as a sport.
Reliable Ski Shipping Service
When you’re sending expensive and important sporting equipment with a shipping company, you want to ensure that your items are in safe hands.
After all, damaged or broken ski equipment won’t get you very far.
Nor will your skis arriving on the slopes a few days after you’ve left.
At My Baggage, we pride ourselves on our reliable deliveries; we only use the best couriers such as Parcelforce, DPD and DHL to carry out our shipments.
And even better, we’re offering the best courier’s services at discounted prices so you can divert those costs back into your travel money to enjoy your holiday.
Underpinning everything we do at My Baggage provides a high-quality service with world-respected couriers, but at a fraction of the price, you’ll find elsewhere.
It’s very rare that any of your belongings are damaged in transit.
But should the worst happen, My Baggage offers £100 free compensation cover on all items.
You can increase this up to the value of £1,000 for a small additional fee during booking if you wish.
Before choosing your compensation cover, please look at our list of prohibited and non-compensation items to ensure that your contents are covered.
Fast Delivery Times
Speed is a top priority when sending skis abroad.
No one wants to wait around for days for their items to arrive – especially if you’re on holiday, waiting eagerly to get on the slopes!
For that reason, My Baggage offers fast international shipping times.
We offer Economy and Express services with next day delivery available on many routes, and you can book your shipment weeks in advance if necessary.
We provide estimated delivery dates whenever you get a quote.
9 Tips For Sending Skis Abroad
Preparing your skis for shipping is quick and easy; follow the below steps.
After you’ve booked your ski shipping with My Baggage:
- Use strong packaging such as a suitcase or double-walled cardboard box to pack your skis. If you need to purchase boxes, you can find some more information here.
- Take off any removable parts of your skis and equipment and wrap them separately in bubble wrap.
- Package your skis securely and fill in any empty space with bubble wrap or packaging peanuts to protect your skis in transit.
- Use strong packaging tape to tape all sides of your parcel.
- Lock your ski brakes in the up position so that they don’t stick out.
- Ski tips and ski sticks are more vulnerable during transit so consider protecting them with extra bubble wrap.
- Attach your printed labels securely to the packaging.
- We’ll do the rest; just wait for one of our couriers to collect your package.
- Track your skis and equipment using our world-class tracking service, including SMS text message reminders. You can track it from your inbox or your ‘My Orders’ section of MyBaggage.com.
Cheap Shipping Rates
My Baggage is the affordable way to ship items, whether it’s personal effects or sporting equipment.
Prices start from as little as £18.99 to send an item weighing up to 30kg/66lbs within UK and from £26 to send abroad.
That’s half the price of most airline baggage rates and double the weight allowance.
Prices will depend on your route and the service you choose (Express/Economy).
You can get a quick, no-obligation quote any time!
Sports Equipment Shipping
Shipping Golf Clubs
International Luggage Shipping