If you’ve gathered up a ton of belongings during your time at university and have nowhere to put them for the time being – whether you’re off on a travelling adventure or are moving back in with your parents for the summer – student storage is a useful solution. You can simply place your items into storage and you won’t have to worry about them.Of course, whilst it’s a great option, student storage doesn’t come without its drawbacks. So we’ve weight up the pros and cons to help you decide if it’s for you:The Pros
– When you choose to store you items with a reputable company such as Big Yellow Self Storage, you can rest assured that your items will be very secure. Most companies will give you a unique key/PIN number in order to access your stored belongings.
– Many reputable companies recognise that students have a need for storage facilities, and so in many cases may offer an exclusive discount on their services to students.
– Some storage companies may offer a collection of your belongings and delivery to their facilities to save you from getting everything there by yourself.
– In many cases, storage companies will have flexible storage sizes. Whether you need a locker or an entire room to store your belongings, you will usually find these options.
– Student storage can be particularly useful if you’re heading off on a travelling adventure. You won’t have to worry about bringing too much stuff on your travels, nor will you have to worry about dumping everything back at your parents’ house.The Cons
– If you’ve accidentally left something important in storage, many companies will have restricted access and specific opening hours. So if it’s urgent, you could be left stuck.
– Some reputable storage companies may even go as far to charge access fees during the time of storing your items. So to save your spare pennies, you may need to make sure that you won’t need to go back and forth.
– Although many storage companies may offer collection and delivery services, they may also charge for it, and it could end up being pretty hefty on top of your storage fees.
– Many reputable storage companies will require a notice period before you can remove your items. Typically, this could be anything up to 7 working days. So if you find yourself in an urgent or last-minute type of situation, it may not be ideal.
– Depending on how long you want to store your items for, storage fees can be rather expensive, and might only be worthwhile if you’re storing a large amount of belongings.